I wanted 2010 to go out with a bang, so I got up and hit the mat at 9am. I'd watched Richard Freeman's primary series dvd last night, as one would watch a film, from start to finish and so I let Richard talk me through my full series this morning (in my head I may add), remembereing that lovely voice of his! And I had a lovely, calming practice, I even broke a sweat which I don't usually at home, show's I was really going for it!
Anyway, I didn't really want to go in depth into today's practice but just the share my 'ups' of 2010's Astanga Yoga Practice, I list them below and will sart from December as it is quiet pertinent...
- December - Recovered from a broken elbow after 2 months of no practice.
- Read 'The Power of Now' (Eckhart Tolle) and realised I could be happy and that yoga was the way!!! Yay!
- March - Joined V's Ashtanga Yoga Primer teacher training course
- June - Visited Insabina Yoga Retreat meeting amazing teachers and found Mysore Style yoga
- Damaged both knees at said retreat! (Not exactly an 'up')
- September - Re-established my practice with more awareness but with very tight hamstrings!!!
- Found out about the amazing Grimmly and starting blogging!
- Oct-Nov - practice almost back to normal!!
- Accepted on Paul Fox's Yoga Teacher Training Course 2011
- December - met JC another great teacher! Started Mysore class at Buddhist Centre
- practicing 4 times a week and knees feeling better! Yay!
So I'd just to like to thank Eckhart Tolle, EM, my friends and family, and God for their help in 2010!
PEACE, LOVE AND LIGHT FOR 2011!