Thursday 21 March 2013

New tip for laghu vajrasana...

Just got back from the States and have a new tip... well it's a mix of half a tip from Hamish and half a tip from Todd Boman from Moksha Yoga Chicago. So, I've always had a big problem with this posture, especially going down and touching the floor and then coming back up. But I've got a great tip from the masters...and it's worked.
1) Take your ankles wider than your legs. I can't remember what this does, but Hamish says it works and it does! So there.
2) Press your thumbs into your inner ankles, I don't know what it does but Todd Boman says it keeps your shoulder girdle active so you can come back up!

So there you have it, try it, and let me know what you think :)
Biglove. Mx

4 comments:

  1. This sounds good.
    It's a difficult pose for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it when it works, unhappy when it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to try this, Micqui! Thank you so much for posting it. I, too, get stuck at the bottom of Laghu Vajrasana. Whenever my teacher has us do this pose, she runs around the room helping those of us stranded at the bottom saying, "One yogi stuck... two yogis stuck...". It makes me laugh but maybe I won't be the one stuck now. :)
    I love your blog and I posted a link to you on my own blog, if that's okay. Check it out if you have the time!

    ReplyDelete